Welcome to Year 1
In our class we work and play together, helping each other to achieve our very best. We try really hard to work independently, persevere and aim high! We enjoy learning practically, exploring new topics and having fun!
If you’d like to find out more about each term’s topics please follow the links below.
Routines in Year 1
- We have Maths and Read, Write, Inc every morning.
- In the afternoons we explore our topic, RE and Science alongside continuous provision activities.
- PE varies each half term, please refer to the termly newsletter.
- Every child has a home reading book and is allocated two reading days each week. In these sessions your child will be heard read and have their book changed if appropriate.
- We have a weekly school library session on a Wednesday morning where every child has the opportunity to choose a book to be shared and enjoyed at home.
- Homework is sent home every Friday and alternates between Maths and English tasks. These are to be completed and handed in by the following Tuesday.
How can you support your child?
- Share their home reading book and school library book in an enjoyable manner, taking time to discuss what they’ve read and ask key questions.
- Ensure they complete all their homework.
- Practise counting up to and beyond 100 in practical, everyday life contexts.
- Take opportunities to apply Maths to daily life. E.g. weighing, measuring and using money.
Thank you for all your continued support. If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to come into school and see me.
Mrs K. Mackley
Click to download the:-